1.05.2011

hello, kelly! about me.

first off, a little bit about myself.
I'm 20, married and a student at Youngstown State University. I grew up in Girard, Ohio--a small town that I ended up loving for whatever reason. My husband, Joe, and I live in Poland now with our schnauzer, Mollie. Joe grew up in Girard's rival town, Liberty. We're very opposite in a lot of ways (he loves the Browns, I love the Steelers; he's simple and contemporary, I'm bright colors and kitschy), but at the same time agree on a lot of things.
We met in 2008 (my graduation year) at the restaurant where we work. It definitely was not love at first sight, we didn't get along at all and I was already engaged to my high school boyfriend. But in the end we were together and happy about it. We got married October 24, 2010!
Our friends Kelli and Dave took our pictures!! Check out Kelli's Flickr!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kelli_carney/

I'd say that we're very happy and we love our group of friends that we've put together; our neighbors, Nick & Elise; my best friends from school, Katie, Jessie & Desirae; my awesome little, Ashley; and friends that I've introduced to Joe, Kelli & Dave. We couldn't ask for better people to be in our lives.

As for more personal things about myself;
~I'm a Marketing/Advertising major. After going through about 7 majors I've realized this is my passion. I used to promote bands and put together shows in high school. But I still really feel that teaching is my calling. If I could teach business that'd be great.
~I love writing. I always have and I always will. I'm an English/History nerd.
~I love art; drawing, painting, photography.
~Music is seriously my life. I'm not sure what I would do without it. I have a pretty eclectic array of music in my library. I love real, old school punk, but I also own a lot of Ani Difranco, Bright Eyes, Queens of the Stone Age, Nirvana, and Radiohead.
~Despite this artsy side, I love sports and am very competitive. I'm obsessed with the Pittsburgh Penguins, Cleveland Cavaliers, & the Pittsburgh Steelers--in that order. I've even made Joe love the Pens as much as I do!
~I love driving, coffee, alcohol, cigarettes, old books, wrinkles paper, decorating, painting(like, walls), vinyl, crocheting, knitting, hair dye, nail polish...the list goes on and on!

Anything else, just ask!


No comments:

Post a Comment